It’s not about how you say or write it, it’s about what you’re saying or writing and how that can be implied on the reader.
I am ambitious as a writer; it has always been a passion of mine; by gaining experience writing in varying styles and journalistic genres during and after University – my love of writing has since grown and grown.
I gained a 2:1 in Multimedia Journalism at the University of Salford, during my degree, I was organised, handled the pressure well and had umpteen amounts of ambition.
While at the University of Salford, I participated in the online platform– ‘Quays News,’ where I reviewed events, theatre shows and music events, such as Revolution Cycling at the National Cycling Centre, The Overtones and Hazel O’Connor. I also have experience with shooting and editing film and audio as well as writing, though text is my preferred medium.
I loved being able to pitch my own ideas and build on them is a particular passion of mine, especially to see them become fully formed news articles or features.
I love to write and it is my ultimate ambition to write for and about people, human interest is key! My skills in writing are of a vast scope, which has enabled me to go in any direction with a story or an article.
I have experience in sport, entertainment and news writing, covering several Sale Shark games, reviewing music events and developing news stories for Quays News. My expertise also extends to news reading from sport, news and Q&A sessions regarding exciting topics.
All of the work can be viewed via https://rachelfoy96.wordpress.com/.
My Work Experience:
- Blue Whale Media LTD (WA3 7QU) – CURRENT ROLE – creating print, website content, press releases and digital content for companies that provides information or showcases the products or services they offer.
- Gratte Brother’s LTD (WA5 8WD) – I edited and redacting videos of CCTV and security on Adobe Premier Pro for GDPR purposes as well as for the client’s use as well.
- Wigan Observer/Today (WN5 0LX) – participated in gathering information, conducting research and writing news pieces about the local community within Wigan. I have written about topics such as economics, sport, entertainment and culture. I also drafted news reports and articles within assigned deadlines and in accordance with in-house style guides.
- Mercury Press (Manchester) – wrote and assembled news articles for varying publications across the UK as part of their press agency. Also connecting with readers of many news publications to create articles of interest.
- Liverpool Echo (L3 9NY) – participated in daily conferences on story and article content to be published on their website and newspaper. I undertook vox-pops on a regular basis to gage more with the audience of the paper, for example, I interviewed Everton fans about the return of Wayne Rooney.
- Sale Sharks RUFC, press office (M31 4AE) – Sale Sharks Rugby Union Club, where I participated in pre and post-match interviews with the players on press days and match days. I also wrote articles for their website and contributed to creating social media posts for their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
- West Park RUFC, public relations assistant (WA10 3AG) – helped to coordinate, promote and organise fundraising campaigns and events.
- WordPress blogging
- Adobe Photoshop, Premier Pro and Audition
- Video editing with AVID Media Composer
- Digital sound and video editing
- Multimedia content production
- Content writing
- SEO techniques
- Content Marketing
- Social Media creation and management
- News Writing and editing
“You don’t start out writing good stuff. You start out writing crap and thinking it’s good stuff, and then gradually you get better at it.
That’s why I say one of the most valuable traits is persistence.”
― Octavia E. Butler